Drafting for Others
Users can gain permissions to become draft authors for executives. Posts can be drafted, with the executive deciding whether to post them or not.
Drafting permissions can only be granted by the System Admins, Content Moderators or Custom Role Admins.
To give drafting permissions:
- Click Admin Panel at the top left of Workplace.
- Click Admins and select the Roles tab on the right.
- Click New Role. Add a name, and check Manage 'Draft For' Permissioning.
- Click Create Role.
When you have created a role with Draft Author permissions, you can assign this role to the person you'd like to create draft posts.
Admins can grant permissions for Draft Authors to post for specific executives. Drafting permission can also be revoked from the Admin Panel.
Note: As a System Admin, you can also grant Draft For permissions to yourself for each individual executive you'd like to draft for. Just click Draft For in the Admin Panel to take you to the drafting permissions.
If you've been granted drafting permission, you can draft for an executive on Workplace.
Draft a Post:
- From your News Feed, select the group that your post will be published in.
- In the composer, click the Draft For tab. This will bring up a box with the names of the executives you have permission to write drafts for.
- Select the executive that you’re drafting for.
- Draft a post and click Submit for Review. They will receive a notification that the draft has been sent to them.
When you’re drafting the post, your icon will change and a notice at the top of the composer will let you know who you are currently drafting for.
Note: You can only select an executive to post for if they are in the group you are drafting the post for.
Manage Draft Posts:
- Go to the group that the post is drafted for.
- Under the composer, you can view posts you have drafted for yourself, posts that others have drafted for you and posts that you have drafted for executives.
Note: You cannot edit or delete a draft once you have submitted it for someone else to post.
When a draft has been submitted to an executive, they can edit the post before they publish it or they can delete the post.
To edit or delete a post that's been drafted for you:
- Go to the group that the post has been drafted for.
- Below the composer, click See Post to see the post that has been drafted for you.
- To edit the post, select Edit. To delete the post, click then click Delete post.
You can also remove the Draft Author by clicking Remove this person's drafting permission.